Workshop 1: LGBTIQ+ Foundations Training
All current staff and students are welcome to attend this 3-3.5 hourin person workshop at UNSW SYDNEY campus. This includes all identifying and non-identifying LGBTIQ+ current staff and students who are new to UNSW, wish to broaden their knowledge about LGBTIQ+ communities, changed job roles or need to refresh their knowledge.
This introductory workshop provides a broad set of information to increase awareness of critical past and current impacts and influences on the lived experience of LGBTIQ+ people with a clear focus on the university environment.
This workshop is part of a two-step training model. All staff who complete this workshop are encouraged to become active Allies by completing Workshop 2.
- Basic knowledge around LGBTIQ+ people and communities, including unpacking various forms of the acronym
- The difference between sex characteristics, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation
- Understanding health and wellbeing and the impacts of social stigma and assumptions
- Inclusive Language and Pronouns
- Respectful and inclusive behaviours in the workplace and classroom
- Overview of support and initiatives at UNSW
- Role and importance of Allies
Managers, supervisors, academics and any staff or students in leadership or support roles are especially encouraged to attend.
For students, this course is accreditable as part of the UNSW Student Leadership Program.
UNSW is located on the unceded territory of the Bedegal (Kensington campus), Gadigal (City and Paddington Campuses) and Ngunnawal peoples (UNSW Canberra) who are the Traditional Owners of the lands where each campus of UNSW is situated.
Please be advised this is an event we are recommending, and is not hosted by Bambuddha Group
Thursday August 5th, 2021
9:30 am - 12:00 am
, Online ,Book Here