Winangar Guru is a 100% Indigenous owned consultancy specialising in the execution of Indigenous Australian Inclusion Program and Reconciliation Action Plan development.
We are a Mother and Daughter team, who can assist with defining and communicating how to implement an Indigenous Inclusion Program and RAP development and implementation.
We will work with your company to develop and implement an Indigenous Inclusion Program and RAP that best fits the company’s principles and end goal that is reflective of the Indigenous communities needs and input. We can assist with the embedding Indigenous Australian
Inclusion into the broader business through:
- Building Cultural Capability
- Community Engagement
- Employment and Training
- Indigenous Business and Supplier Opportunities
We facilitate Cultural Training and Workshops & assist with the development of procedural and knowledge resources and implementation.
For this Masterclass, Sharon and Neenah will be taking participants through the following:
- Who is Winangar Guru? (What does is mean and language group)
- Our Background (Historical/Cultural/Family)
- Our Skill Set (how can we assist companies on their cultural journey of understanding etc)
- Participants introduce themselves (depending on the size of the group)
Indigi Quiz: (interactive)
Overview of Aboriginal Australia:
- Acknowledgement and Welcome to Country
- Map of Indigenous Australia
- Terminology (acceptable/not acceptable)
- Kinship and Family Structure
- Past Policies and Practices
How Culture Informs/shape us today:
- Uluru Statement (Voice, Treaty , Truth)
- Current Policies and Practices (State and Federal)
- Cultural Heritage (CHMP, State and Federal Legislations)
- Best Practice
- What does this look like in the workplace?
- Process, (development and implementation)
Sharing of a couple of Dreamtime/Cultural Stories
Tuesday March 29th, 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Hybrid delivery: Wesley Conference Centre, 220 Pitt St SYDNEY and via Zoom ,Book Here