(Strengths: Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence, Honesty, Love of Learning, Hope, Prudence)
Jeremy is passionate about supporting those working to create change. Specifically, his interests lie in human potential and sustainability, environmental and social issues, transformative learning and coaching, leadership and organisational change, and how our understanding of these fields can help create a more positive future.
Jeremy recently completed his PhD research, which explored how we can better support the resilience and effectiveness of those working to create change. In particular, how Focusing (a form of inward bodily attention widely used within the humanistic psychotherapy tradition) can be used within coaching to support self-care and help prevent burnout. This research aligns with Jeremy’s experience in transformative learning, sustainability education and leadership development, organisational change management, strategic government policy and program development (in particular, energy efficiency and climate change adaptation), and environmental impact assessment.
It is hoped that this research will help to stimulate dialogue within the transformative learning and coaching, and sustainability leadership and organisational change communities, regarding how embodied ways of learning can support both personal and social change. In other words, how transformation from the individual, micro level to the social, macro level can be viewed as a whole, ongoing process.
Areas of expertise
- Transformative coaching, whole-person (in particular Focusing) and facilitation techniques
- Organisational change management, leadership and behavior change for sustainability
- Education and learning for sustainability and Action Research
- Energy efficiency and climate change adaptation
- Project management and public policy development (State and Federal) aimed to achieve market transformation
- Environmental impact assessment, and related community and stakeholder engagement processes
Focused on Sustainability leadership, Transformative learning and Focusing-oriented coaching.